Series Webinars: The Netherlands Connects
From Rail Terminal to multimodal solutions between the Netherlands and China
Organizer: Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Chongqing, Holland International Distribution Council
Co-organizer: Promedia Publishing
Support organizer: Road2Holland Consortium
The last centuries have seen the Netherlands’ leading role in international trade, leveraged by its advantageous location in the center of the single Europe market, state-of-the-art logistics facilities and sophisticated supply chain. Having the world class ports in Rotterdam and Amsterdam, and the complete railway infrastructure, the Netherlands is the ideal partner for boosting the railway transportation between China and Europe.
These years, the Netherlands is welcoming direct trains from China on a regular basis, and is dedicated in innovation and sustainable multimodal solutions based on its extensive air or deep-sea connections. From here, Chinese products are distributed to over 100 millions of customers in an efficient way. Besides the existent connections between these two nations, however, a greater potential in the field of rail freight is needed to be fulfilled.
Therefore, the webinar focusing on the rail terminal and multimodal solutions between the Netherlands and China is on the agenda. By offering this opportunity of direct communication between these two lands, we expect to foster the rail cooperation into another level.
- 09:00-09:05 Welcome speech by Bart Pauwels, Counsellor for Infrastructure, Water Management and Environment in the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (Pre-recorded)
- 09:05-09:25 Speech and Q&A by Jasper Eggebeen, Senior Manager Supply Chain Solutions, HIDC (Live speech)
- 09:25-09:45 Speech by GVT Group of Logistics (Studio Guest)
- 09:45-10:05 Speech and Q&A by Cabooter Group (Studio Guest)
- 10:05-10:15 Moderated discussion among studio guests
- 10:15-10:20 Recap and forecast for the next webinar
The other topics:
- Fresh food supply chain management from land to table – 30th July
- Cross-border e-commerce and parcel shipping – 19th Aug
- High Tech Cargo transport and Supply Chain security – 21st Oct
- Fresh Flower Supply Chain and Global Flower Hub – 5th Nov
- Chemical powerhouse and dangerous good transport – 9th Dec