The Netherlands – your main port to Europe
- Excellent in- and outbound
- Within a 300 kilometer (180 mile) radius: Rotterdam and Antwerp , the two largest container ports in Europe.Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, the #2 best connected airport in the world and #2 cargo airport in Europe UPS and FedEx/TNT, the two main European integrator air hubs
- Port of Rotterdam
- Largest port of Europe, with maximum size container ships (19,000+ TUE) can be accommodated 24/7
- Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
- #2 largest cargo airport in Europe with direct flights to 322 destinations
- The Netherlands is the entry point to the main logistics artery of Europe
- The main ‘artery’ of goods originates in / is destined for The Netherlands and follows the densely populated areas in Western and Central Europe
The Netherlands, your entry to the European market
As one of the crossroads of trade within Europe, The Netherlands ranks consistently as a top destination.
Downloads, facts & figures, reports and presentations
The Netherlands offers the best air-, sea-, and digital ports in the world. Want to enter the European market? The Netherlands is your gateway!
What is the best gateway to Europe, you are wondering? What are the main entry points to Europe for an optimal supply chain? Whether you are looking for the largest cargo airports in Europe or want to know what are the top 10 sea ports in Europe, The Netherlands is Europe’s best choice.
Largest seaport in Europe
The Netherlands has five important European seaports: The Port of Rotterdam,the Port of Amsterdam, Port of Moerdijk, Zeeland seaports and Groningen Seaports. Holland’s seaports offer not only the best deep sea connection but also short sea connection and navigable river connection throughout Europe. When it comes down to turnaround volumes in sea ports, the port of Rotterdam is the largest all-round and container port in Europe.
Highest in direct connectivity
Looking at the top 10 cargo airports in Europe, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is the 3rd cargo airport and scores highest globally when it comes to number of direct connection. The interconnection to the hinterland is something you won’t have to worry about when entering Europe via The Netherlands. Our excellent rail and water connections provide reliable transport of containers and bulk goods. And our extensive road infrastructure guarantees the best road connection to Europe’s main consumer markets.
Short supply chains
Short supply chains are not only made possible via excellent infrastructure but The Netherlands has the most modern ports. Making extensive use of IT for an automated and thus maximal optimized process. Not only in handling cargo but also with value added services like Port Base and Cargonaut software solutions to improve customs clearance.
Need the perfect gateway to Europe? The Netherlands’ main ports offer you the best access!
Our excellent rail and water connections provide reliable transport of containers and bulk goods. And our extensive road infrastructure guarantees the best road connection to Europe’s main consumer markets.