The Netherlands as gateway to Europe
The Netherlands, your gateway to millions of European consumers
- Central location within the European market
- Reach 244 million consumers within 1000 kilometers
- First-class infrastructure
- Our world-class airport, top-ranked seaports and high-speed road, rail and broadband networks are second to none
- The Netherlands is the best overall performer in trade facilitation
- A good business climate for an optimal European supply chain
- The Dutch are fluent in English
- Some 90% of Dutch speak English — the language of business worldwide — and many people are multilingual
- We roll out the orange carpet
- Holland International Distribution Council offers free, confidential services to make your entry to Europe as smooth as it can be
The Netherlands is you best partner to reach the European market
As one of the crossroads of trade within Europe, The Netherlands ranks consistently as a top destination.
Why would you choose The Netherlands as your gateway to Europe? Because it is a historically proven logistic success factor, guaranteeing you easy and fast access to Europe’s consumer markets.
If you want to improve your European logistic supply chain, use The Netherlands as a gateway to Europe. We are Europe’s most desirable logistic location. Why? Because of our proximity to the main industrial and consumer markets, our pro-business climate including VAT deferment, the availability of a highly-qualified, flexible and multilingual workforce and excessive infrastructure. Being a world trader for centuries, we know the ultimate logistic supply chain for your international business.
The Netherlands center of Europe
Centrally located between Europe’s main consumer markets the UK, Germany and France, you have 170 million consumers within a 500 kilometer reach. Via Europe’s largest seaport Rotterdam, all major industrial and economic centers in Western Europe can be reached within 24 hours.
It makes The Netherlands the core of the Blue Banana (also known as the European Megalopolis or the Manchester-Milan axis): the urban corridor containing Western Europe’s main industry and trade routes.
The Netherlands center of the world
Our extensive network of rail-, road-, and waterways is not the only reason The Netherlands is the ideal place for your logistic supply chain. We have the highest concentration of LSPs – general and specialized – guaranteeing the best supply chain for any type of business, from fashion to chemicals. Did you know Amsterdam is the world’s biggest fashion trade center? And that we also have the 2nd largest cooling and freezing storage capacity in Europe and that we control over half the world’s cut flower export market? And that we are home base to 19 of the top 25 leading chemical companies?! It is no wonder so many multinationals have their EDC in Holland.
Want to expand your business? Use Holland as gateway to Europe.
Our extensive network of rail-, road-, and waterways is not the only reason The Netherlands is the ideal place for your logistic supply chain. We have the highest concentration of LSPs – general and specialized - guaranteeing the best supply chain for any type of business, from fashion to chemicals.